The Best Advice For Blogging Your Way To Success | How to Blog
The process of starting a blog isn't as complicated as you might think.
It's important to share your passions with others and one way to do this is through the use of a blog. Whether you are traveling abroad, wish to keep in touch with those at home or simply want to share some tips and tricks with others, blogging is a great way to do this. Read the following tips for some great blogging advice.
1. Use tags correctly. Tags let you categorize your posts into different categories, which can then be searched by readers. Each of your posts should have two or three tags. Make sure you use the same words for similar posts (don't have a "bikes" and "biking" tag, for example), and don't give posts too many tags, as this tends to clutter up categories.
2.Try finding your size yourself. Figure out a post size that will fit with your skills and habits. Don't copy other bloggers, try finding what works for you by experimenting. Some 600-700 words per entry, and some write 2000-3000 words per entry. Try testing what works for your own writing style and needs.
3. You should consider inviting guests to make posts on your blog. This practice could help you to develop good relationships with other blog owners, which could prove lucrative in the future. Do not underestimate the potential of such relationships. Perhaps that blogger will be able to return the favor one day.
4. Add content to your blog several times each week. Strive to maintain a regular posting schedule, and dedicate yourself to adhere to it. Doing so will give your visitors ample content to read. Consistent posts will keep people returning to your site, if you keep it interesting and informative.
5. Make your writing and the subjects that you write about tempt your reader. You always want to leave them wanting more, and looking forward to your next post. If you are able to do this 90% of the time, you will have many people coming back to check your blog often.
6. If you can, you should make use of a custom WordPress theme. In today's time, readers have the ability to recognize themes that are very generic in nature. Using these generic themes are just fine as long as you change up your header design so that it is more unique.
7. Avoid the overuse of personal pronouns. When most of your blog is coming from an I, me or you standpoint, it can turn the reader off. You may be perceived as lecturing, pompous or just plain narcissistic. Make your writing a little less personal, but still remain approachable. It is a good balance to find.
8. You may want to have contests or giveaways on your site. This helps readers to become a part of your blog and increases their excitement about visiting. Readers are also likely to send links to contacts interested in the content of your contest. The giveaway can vary, depending on your site.
9. Try buying a professional theme for your blog. For example, the format, WPSumo is a framework that was built by bloggers for other bloggers. It contains things like mobile themes, SEO tools, advanced style editors, and great advertising layouts detailed content. You get what you pay for, so get a professional theme for your blog's future success.
10. Be sure to enable threaded comments. Some blog sites let you chose the depth of your threaded comments. The standard one tends to be about 5. Before those options existed, you had to download plugins. These threaded comments provide a great visual enhancer, and they can help boost the conversations on your blog.
11. When you are creating videos for your blog, you should make sure that you are doing all that you can to be as real and personable as possible. Videos are extremely important when it comes to the brand of your blog. Do not waste this great opportunity for branding your blog.
12. Be sure to identify the hotspots of your blog. Hotspots are the places that tend to be the most visible on your blog. What you have in these areas depends on your layout and your reader's reading habits. You could use the space for various incentives, such as reminders for subscribing, advertising, or even premium content.
13. Try to put a bit of attention into the aesthetic design of your site. This should be done so that you can grab the attention of your visitors, not to grab the attention of search engines. Remember that in the long run, you are in business to please your readership.
14. Do not waste your time posting low feedburner counts. Your RSS subscriber count shouldn't be shown unless your count is at least several hundred. Having a small number demonstrates to your readers that your blog doesn't have very many readers. This is not a good method of attracting new readers to your blog.
15. You should make it easy for your readers to contact you when they need to. Place your email in the contact us section on your site to make sure that your readers can easy talk to you when they need to. This is very important for making the most of your blogging venture.
16. Don't forget to proofread! If your blog is riddled with spelling and grammatical errors, your blogging may end before it begins. While the end of your blog is merely a worst case scenario, you have to be vigilant about incorrect word usage and other mistakes that spell check will miss.
17. Try to keep your ads to a minimum. You do not want to overrun your readership with ads. This may make your readers stop coming back to your site. While you are going to need some ads to make some revenue, it is important that you do not over do it.
Starting a blog doesn't have to be as complicated as you may think. By using the tips above, you are well on your way to starting your very own blog. No matter what the use, it is sure to be a success with the wonderful information in the above article!