Concept Behind Religion
"Religion" has been the central of society in the history of mankind and continues till date.
Religion is defined as " the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal god or gods" To be more specific, Religion is a social-cultural system of practices, morals, worldviews, Texts, prophecies, ethics, or organizations that relates humanity to supernatural transcendental and spiritual elements. However, no scholarly agreement of what constitutes 'religion' is found in existence.
The earliest archeological evidence of religious ideas dates back several hundred thousand years to the middle and lower paleolithic periods.
Religions are classified into 5 categories,
- The first is polytheism, which includes the kinds of religions worshiping multiple Gods, such as ancient Greeks and Romans.
- The second is Monotheism which refers to the kind of religion that believes in a single God, such as Judaism and Islam.
- The third one namely Atheism includes the ones who do not tend to believe in the existence of any supernatural being.
- The fourth is Animism, which is the attribution of a living soul to plants, inanimate objects, and natural phenomena.
- And Totemism is a belief system in which humans are said to have blood bonds or a mystical relationship with a supernatural spirit, such as an animal or plant. The organization or totem is thought to interact with given blood bonds or an individual.
"Religion" is one of the largest institutions known to be studied by sociologists. Religion has been the center of society in the history of mankind and continues to date. It is studied by sociologists for a better understanding of its connection with other institutions, they try to determine why religion takes a particular form and how does it affect society as a whole.
Researches that "The concept of religion was formed in the 16th and 17th centuries. Ancient sacred texts like the Bible, the Quran, and others did not have a word or even a concept of religion in the original languages and neither did the people or the cultures in which these sacred texts were written."
There are 7.8 billion people in this world, each classified into paa particular religion.
Religion is referred to as one's faith in supernatural beings. The sole purpose of Religion is to promote faith, love, kindness, and positive beliefs. The variety of religion is based upon one's way of worshiping the supernatural powers or one's way of promoting faith.
Today, when we come across conflicts based on religion, and statements that tend to harm one's religious sentiments, are quite disheartening and some way or the other this promotes a sense of hatred among young ones, this activity in any possible way does not serve the sole purpose of religion. At this date after years of evolution by mankind, the definition of religion is tempted, altered, and modified over years. Whereas the sole purpose of religion is to serve humanity and strengthen the optimism among livings during dark hours.
As mankind has discovered new heights of evolution in various fields. It's high time we broaden our religious concepts and vitalize the sense of oneness among livings and pass on the same to the nation's offsprings.